Haryana Engineering College
Old Chhachhrauli Road,
Jagadhri, District YamunaNagar,
Haryana (India) - 135003
+91 - 1732 47403, +91 - 925 431 0853
CULTURAL AND CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
To nourish and nurture the creative facilities of the students and to help them explore and exploit their Grey matter, the college keeps conducting various co-curricular and cultural activities at various levels. A number of clubs have been formed in the college and various other facilities have been made available for the students to provide them with a platform to excel in the same, some of which are as given below:
1. Sports – Various outdoor and indoor facilities, which include cricket, volleyball, chess, carom, badminton, athletics and gymnastics, are available in the college.
2. VIBGYOR (Cultural Society) – Organises various Dance, Singing, ‘Nukar Natak’, Skit and Rock Band competitions within the college and amongst the neighbouring colleges in which the students actively participate.
3. The Trésor (College Magazine) – An annual edition of the college’s technical cum literary magazine, ‘The Trésor’ is published with contributions from the students as well as faculty members.
4. R&D Cell, ISTE & IETE – Under the aegis of ISTE and IETE Chapter, various Faculty Development Programmes are organised at HEC, Jagadhri. Eminent educationists from prominent colleges and faculty members of Haryana Engineering College, Jagadhri interact with one another and the sharing of knowledge helps the faculty in enhancing their technical skills.
5. Scholar’s Club & Confab Club – Conduct various debates, declamation, quiz contests and other literary events to cater to students’ elocution and to boost their morale and confidence.
6. Women Cell – A platform where the girl students are given a chance to showcase their inherent talent in the events like poster making, ‘rangoli’ making and debate competitions which are regularly and exclusively organized for women only. Various Eminent personalities are also invited under the banner of Women Cell to deliver the guest lecturers.
In addition to these, we have the Annual National Level Technical Symposium i.e., Azzaro being organized in the month of March where the students show their creative as well as technical articulation and present cultural bonanza.
Azzaro 2K’12 was a grand success, the footfall witnessed was more than 1750 delegates from as many as 44 colleges’ nationwide.
Various other activities like Workshops, Blood Donation Camps, Seminars, National & International Conferences, etc. are also conducted on a regular basis at HEC, Jagadhri.
Top Placements in all streams
ION Award by Tata Consultancy Services
Asia Pasific International by GAF